cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete managed backup exec server from caso

Matto81
Level 4

Hi,

I'm unable to delete managed backup exec server from caso server. I think I started to do this in wrong way because I first uninstalled the backup exec server from managed server. Now in caso server I try to delete managed server but I get error. 

ScreenHunter_151 Sep. 09 14.43.jpg

How I can delete managed server from caso in situation where managed backup exec server is allready uninstalled?

Br.Matti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the Managed Media server appear under the Storage tab of the CASO server ? If yes, double-click on it and delete any backup jobs which are associated with this server. Post this, try re-deleting it.

EDIT**

Have a look @ the SQL option mentioned in this post - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/failed-delete-media-server-central-admin-server

Similarly this should apply and would recommend to have a BEDB backup before attempting this or better still, contact support formally.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6

Does the Managed Media server appear under the Storage tab of the CASO server ? If yes, double-click on it and delete any backup jobs which are associated with this server. Post this, try re-deleting it.

EDIT**

Have a look @ the SQL option mentioned in this post - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/failed-delete-media-server-central-admin-server

Similarly this should apply and would recommend to have a BEDB backup before attempting this or better still, contact support formally.

Matto81
Level 4

Yes managed server is under storage tab in CASO server. I double click and go jobs. These are all the jobs that are also in CASO server. If I delete some job it also disappear from CASO server. Can I somehow unassosiate so that the jobs are not delete from CASO?

VJware
Level 6

One way to be to reinstall Backup Exec on the other server, make it as managed & then remove it again though not by uninstalling it first.

Other way would be to search through the backup jobs and confirm no backup job has any reference to the Managed Server in terms of job delegation, storage etc. If there is such a job, either delete it or change the settings. Doing this should ensure none of the jobs contain any reference to the managed server & should be Ok to delete it from the Storage view.

Matto81
Level 4

Thanks I went trought the SQL option. Now I was able to delete managed server.

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified