cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit credentials for disk based network storage

Techmonkey
Level 3

I tried to create a new disk based storage (a NAS on the network) but keep getting "The path appears to be an invalid path" error. I did some research and it appears to be related to logon. While troubleshooting, I changed the password for the account on the standalone NAS that the shares are based off of. The existing disk based storage items immediately went offline. I have no idea how to edit the credentials for the offline storage items. Any assistance is most welcome.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If the NAS can do iSCSI, use this...much simpler than using CIFS/NFS shares to backup too, and authentication is far easier too.

THe NAS does support iSCSI. thanks for the lead. I've configured it successfully. My new issue is that jobs test successful, but when run show "Active: Queued" indefinitely. I've deleted and recreated jobs, servers, and storage. The issue remains. I'm really frustrated. I've been using BE since '99 and in the last five  or so years the product has become very problematic. I thought it was just me, but my research on these two issues has returned a lot of unresolved results for both.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you confirmed with B2DTEST against the volume?