cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish trust to a remote server on the DMZ

Andrew_Asra
Level 3

Hi team 

I recently added 2 server which was from a DMZ to the backup exec server.

One of the server was sucecssful and I am able to take backup's from it.

On the other server I tried the push installation and it failed with trust releated error.

So I added the local admin account with backup exec and tried the and it was the same

So I performed a manul installation on the remote server followed by a server restart which was successful.

Then I tried to add the ip address on the publishing tab but still I was not able to establish the trust.

I am confused that how it was working for 1 server but not for the other, Provided them being on the same DMZ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Port 10000 is the port on which the communication between the media server and a remote server is done. If telnet fails, then you need to open that port on any firewall you have as bidirectional traffic between the server in question and the media server.

THanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew_Asra
Level 3

And one more thing.

From the remote server I tried a TELNET to the BE server port number 10000 but it failed.

So I checked the same from the remote server which was working and it also got failed.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Port 10000 is the port on which the communication between the media server and a remote server is done. If telnet fails, then you need to open that port on any firewall you have as bidirectional traffic between the server in question and the media server.

THanks!

Andrew_Asra
Level 3

Thank you for the advised. I will check that right away .