cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish trust with Backuped hosts.

apomazkin
Level 5

I have 3 BE 2012 (version 14.0 Rev. 1798 64-bit)
and menegement point on one of them.

one server can't establish connection and backup jobs fails on it:
"The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote computer because a trust was not established between that computer and the Backup Exec server. From the list of servers in the Backup Exec administration console, right-click the remote computer and then click Establish Trust."

I try reestablish trust, but I get:
be2012.jpg

I receive this mistake from other backup jobs on this backup exec 2012 server.
What can i do? I didn't find anybody solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

apomazkin
Level 5

i found this article: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH196158
I will try to regenerate certificates on the BE media servers.

And successfull!!
Just stop media server, remove all old cert from Data directory(better backup them yet) and start media server.
Certs regenerates! And my problem is solved!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is Backup Exec 2012 and the remote agent up to date ? Do ensure the backup exec remote agent service is running on the remote server and running under a local system account.

Could try few things...

1) Try uninstalling the remote agent and then run a push install from the backup exec server. (push install would automatically establish a trust)

2) Is this remote server part of a different domain or it a DC ? If yes, try this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH190536

3) Ensure the system time is in sync between the media server and the remote server

4) Lastly, you could try deleting the certificate files from the remote server and try to re-establish a trust

apomazkin
Level 5

backup exec 2012 and remote agent is up to date: if i try to backup through other backup exec server(i select in job properties in tab "storage") it work fine.

i try to reinstall agent. it's not work.

It is single domain(but other site), backup exec isn't DC.

system time is sync.

I'd try to reestablish trust and get error in picture above

VJware
Level 6

if i try to backup through other backup exec server(i select in job properties in tab "storage") it work fine

Is this a CASO-MMS setup ?

apomazkin
Level 5

yes.
Server was installed not by me, but is similar to.

VJware
Level 6

You could try to regenerate the SSL certificate on the remote server using the following steps:

Stop the Backup Exec remote agent service.

Browse to \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\Data directory and rename the existing .cert and .key files

Restart the Backup Exec remote agent service.

Retry to establish a trust from all media servers and see if this works.

apomazkin
Level 5

do this on the backed up host?
i do. didn't work.

i guess, that troubles on the backup server. not client side.

VJware
Level 6

It usually is better to do this step on all servers which are being backed up, however in your case, would recommend to do this on the remote server which cannot be backed up.

If the BE server which fails to backup this remote server, also fails to backup other remote servers, then would recommend to regenerate the certificates on that BE media server.

apomazkin
Level 5

i found this article: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH196158
I will try to regenerate certificates on the BE media servers.

And successfull!!
Just stop media server, remove all old cert from Data directory(better backup them yet) and start media server.
Certs regenerates! And my problem is solved!