cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish trust with...

Provincanje
Level 3

I just recently installed Backup Exec 2012 on Windows 2003 std ed, the problem that I have is that I could not establish trust with a server domain controller if the credentials of the user are not an Administrator of the domain, the backup on this same server  with the previous version was made with an user of the group backup opertator.

The message error is:

Calling Method 'setservertrust'

BEMSDK Method 'MediaserverAdvertisementUpdate'

BEMSDK Failure Code: -5363831117:X8

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi if the credentials of the user are not an Administrator of the domain, the backup on this same server with the previous version was made with an user of the group backup opertator. So do you mean to say, that if use administrator account BE2012 is able to establish trust.so if you have not tried that please try to check with admin acount if that is working fine or not. For you other query please check the link below which describes backupexec service account rights so the account you are using should have those rights as per symantec. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23689 Also the above error message you have shown with some bemsdk error so you are tying to browse the remote computer from bemsdk or from console. Ensure you can establish trust by some following ways 1 If you do push install on remote server for remote agent it establishes trust. 2 When you click on add ribbon to add remote server you have to enable trust. Thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am surprsed that you are able to backup a DC with a backup operator id. Domain admin rights are needed to backup AD which is contained in the system state of a DC.  Check that your BESA has the following rights

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

Provincanje
Level 3

Thank you for their answer, you I this making reference to Backup Exec service account, it is not with this account that I have problems. I didn't know how to me to explain.

The situation is the following:

I have a server that is AD, on this some resources exist level file server, that I need to make backup.

The backup is made backup operator in 2010 with a account of the group, but to the upgrade the agent to 2012, it is not possible connect, giving the error that mentions.

The agent also installs remote, but the continuous error.

If I add the user to the Admisitrator group, one could make the trust and the backup.

Provincanje
Level 3

Thank you for their answer, but I am not trying to make backup of AD, If not backup of a resource on a server AD.  Sorry, I didn't know how to me to explain.