cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume

Linda_Barker
Level 2
The backup sometimes completes with exceptions, some files are skipped because they are in use. None of the files it skips are important, mostly log files but I would rather see that the job was completing normally. I know I can lower the number of seconds there can be no disk activity to less than 5 seconds but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. We have version 9.1 and I see there is a service pack 4a I could install. The server runs important tasks and I don't want to make changes that could create problems.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Jay_Bollyn
Level 3
Hi Linda,

I don't have an answer to your base question, but you said you don't want to make any changes that could create problems. I strongly suggest you scroll back and read the recent experiences regarding applying service packs, including SP4a.

- Jay

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

For the same you can refer the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258341

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank You

Linda_Barker
Level 2
I had read not to install the Service Packs unless you were already having problems. That was actually why I thought I should make a post. The Systems Manager likes to have the most current version of any software we run so I knew if I told him there was an update available he'd want me to install it. I'll tell him that people have been having problems with installing the Service Packs and since our backups are running ok, the forum recommended to lower the Minimum Quiet Time to 4 seconds and not install the Service Pack.

Thanks! You may have saved me a lot of trouble.