cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get new agent license

Ausadmin
Level 2

I have been trying to purchase a new Backup Exec agent license (SQL server) for the past month. My vendor is telling me that there is a backlog of license requests because of the split (Symantec/Vertias) and there is nothing he can do. Is anyone else having this issue? It seems ridiculous that it takes a month to purchase a license and needless to say I am not very happy about it.

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried getting in touch with the Veritas Licensing team directly instead of via a vendor ?

Ausadmin
Level 2

I tried to call Veritas Enterprise Sales and Renewals but there were no agents available to take my call. I am located in Australia so I'm not sure if I was calling outside of their normal business hours or not. My vendor is a one-stop shop that has handled other license purchases for me without issue. I was just a bit suprised when I was told there is no ETA available.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

My advice would be to still try purchase the license...you need to conform to that. However, if you have the SQL agent licensed already on the media server, simply push-install the RAWS agent out until such time as you can load the new license key. 

THanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Afaik, you should be able to request a license via the portal as well - https://my.veritas.com/

And, did you try calling 1 (866) 837-4827 ?

Ausadmin
Level 2

@CraigV - Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately, I do not have an agent license. I was using the SQL agant trial, which was working fine, until the 60 day trial period expired. Now I just need to get the license key to run my backup job.

Ausadmin
Level 2

@ VJware - I didn't know I could request a license through the Veritas portal. Typically, I would get a serial# or voucher# via email then go to the portal to complete the registration and retrieve the license file.

I tried the phone number you suggested and it is not in service... at least from my desk here in Australia.