cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Remote Agent

Dana_Thomas
Level 2
I have tried to install remote agents to 10 different servers both through the backup server and manually through a local install on the remote server and it says it completes but the files aren't changed to the correct date version.

The files on the remote server: beremote.exe beclass.dll, ndmpcomm.dll and ndmpsrvr.dll do not have the 06/03/05 date that they are supposed to have for the hotfix 52 document # 275909.

The backup server has the correct files for the server side listed and they show as installed. When I try to do a manual local install the files listed in the \PROGRAM FILES\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\RANT32 that I copy from the backup server to the remote server are dated before June 3 2005.
I can install this sucessfully but the files listed above are dated
8/17/04- beremote.exe,
10/7/03 - beclass.dll,
10/7/03 - ndmpcomm.dll,
8/17/04 - ndmpsrvr.dll

Where can I get a correct version of the data that is supposed to be in the \PROGRAM FILES\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\RANT32 for Hotfix 52 that I can manually install to the remote agent servers?
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

If you read the document 275909, it is mentioned in it that :

Which files does this hotfix update?

After installing the hotfix, the attributes of the installed files will change as indicated in the table below. Note that the date and time are stored in Universal Time. When looking at the date and time of the file(s) on the server where the hotfix was installed, they will be converted to local time. Use the Date and Time tool provided by Windows to determine the difference between universal time and local time.

Also,

How to install this hotfix :

This hotfix must be applied to all Backup Exec media servers.

Therefore, please note that you need not install this hotfix 52 on the remote servers.

I request you to kindly read the technote once again.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Dana_Thomas
Level 2
But if nothing needs to be done to the Remote Agents on the remote servers, why does this same document: 275909 state the following:
Special Installation Instructions:

This section contains additional installation instructions for this hotfix.

Remote Agent for Windows Servers - 32 bit

After installing this Hotfix to the Backup Exec 9.1 media server, install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) to all of the remote computers protected by Backup Exec by following the Remote Agent for Windows Servers installation procedure in the Backup Exec Administrator's Guide. If RAWS is installed on a SAP R/3 computer, or on a 64 bit (Itanium) computer, see the Special Installation

Dana_Thomas
Level 2
It also includes specific dates that the files should have on the remote server.

Dana

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Uninstall the remote agent ,reboot the server and once again manually install and verify results.

Please refer to the technote given below.

(title) Alternative local installation method for the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) and the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/270066
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

jlgonya
Level 3
I am having this same problem. The version number for the remote files beremote.exe beclass.dll ndmpcomm.dll ndmpsrvr.dll do not have the correct version on the remote servers. The rant32 directory's raws.msp file is dated 3/1/2005 and the raws64.msp file in the rant64 directory is dated 6/3/2005. It updated the wrong file, because I am running 32 bit. I have tried both methods to reinstall the remote agent also.