cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to inventory device

ahazelwood
Level 4

Hi, I am unable to inventory my NAS device.  This is BE 2012, current on all updates.  States "The job has reported multiple errors."  Job log repeats "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."  (BTW, 1 out of the 7 jobs running on this NAS is successful, the other 6 fail, and I am wondering if inventory-ing the NAS will fix this.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try recreating the disk storage...delete the .cfg files from the physical location...from the BE UI, add the storage with the same name & path & re-try inventory pls.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Hi ahazelwood,

I was helping another customer earlier who had this issue and for some reason (maybe an update was pending) a reboot of the media server fixed it.  Has the media server been rebooted recently?

ahazelwood
Level 4

Thanks for the info - I just rebooted it and nope, unfortunately it didn't work for me.  I can catalog, but I can't inventory.  :(

VJware
Level 6

Try recreating the disk storage...delete the .cfg files from the physical location...from the BE UI, add the storage with the same name & path & re-try inventory pls.

ahazelwood
Level 4

Well, now that I deleted it I can't get it back on.  Which is a NAS?  Disk based storage, network storage, tape storage or storage pool?

VJware
Level 6

It would be Disk Storage.

ahazelwood
Level 4

Yep, that is what I thought.  But I keep getting an error that says "Unable to create the disk storage.  The parameter is incorrect."  ????????

Well, just solved the problem by wiping out everything on my NAS.  I deleted it all.  And voila, my problem is solved.  But not everyone will want to do that.  So good luck.