cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manually upgrade 10d (5629) to SP5 from 4

Gordy_P
Level 3

Hello,

A number of our servers are still on 10d, we are unable to use the Veritas update due to no internet on these boxes.

Currently they are on service pack 4, so we are trying to install be5484RSP5_286626.exe to bring them up to SP5

Running the file reports that the upgrade patch cant be installed by the windows installer service becuase the program to be upgraded may be missing or the version may be different.

We sucessfully installed the prior patch BE5629RSP4_290905.exe with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you have an AV installed and running, stop it and try the upgrade again.

Otherwise reinstall SP4, followed by SP5...

Post back with an update.

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try running repair install for backup exec and see if it goes successful (it would need a reboot of the server ). If it gets successful , try installing the sp5 again . If it still fails please attach the installation log file to the post

Gordy_P
Level 3

Thanks for the comments, disableing the AV and then reinstalling 4 then 5 made no difference.

4 runs through correctly then 5 still fails before starting, there isnt any entry in the install log as the fail is before it even unpacks the files.

I wont be able to try the second option till the start of next week due to not being able to reboot these servers wthout a fist full of change controls.

Ill post back the results when I am able.

Thanks again

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can try do download the update again, and try the setup again.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Any update for 5484 is for a previous 10.0 build you should only be looking at updates with 5629 in them

10.x had 3 different build numbers

Each build uses completely separate Hotfixes and Service packs and it looks like Sp4 might have been the last SP for 10.1.5629

Gordy_P
Level 3

Colin, thank you,

Taking the answer that means i have to do the least possible owrk is always the better way.

Im halfway thorugh putting the change controls togethor to upgrade to 12 next month anyway. If they are patched as far as they can go, then my consience is clean for the meantime :)

Many thanks for all your answers everybody who posted.

Gordon

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Upgrade to 12 next month ?
Why not upgrade to BE2010(R3) ?

BE12 is also becoming pretty old already.....

teiva-boy
Level 6

12 was a terrible release.

12.5 was at least stable.

2010 was okay, and R2/3 stable.

Anything older I would not touch if I could avoid it.