cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to push BE9 remote agent to win2k3 server

A_Neil
Level 2
Dear All,

Using BE9 on win2k server. trying to push open file agent to win2k3 fileserver. in BE9 tools -> serial numb and installation -> next -> remote install -> next -> next eventually reaching the veritas BE remote features.
right click destination win agent/option select add manually... entered correct dom and  machine name. Remote computer login credentials screen appears. have tried local admin pw. dom backup a/c, my domain user a/c. the actual dom admin account. pop-up says that connection to server X failed .. incorrect login details. login details are correct !! Going slightly mad. is this a win2k3 issue, a BE9 issue or should i just find somewhere high to jump off ?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Hello Neil,
Try installing the remote agent manually.
Copy the C\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\agent\rant32 folder to the c: drive on the remote server. Open a cmd prompt and change dir to c:\rant32
type setupaa.cmd - it should take about 15 seconds then return back to the prompt. Check the services.

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
 Hello Neil,
Try installing the remote agent manually.
Copy the C\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\agent\rant32 folder to the c: drive on the remote server. Open a cmd prompt and change dir to c:\rant32
type setupaa.cmd - it should take about 15 seconds then return back to the prompt. Check the services.

Harry

Brian_h1
Level 4
 Hi
I have heard that BE9.1 is the one for Windows 2003, they apparently had loads of issues with 9.0 r4454 on 2003

Brian

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As Brian says, only build 4454 of v9.0 supported W2K3

V9.1 is a free upgrade and will accept all your v9.0 serials (ger it from the downloads page at
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

Be sure to grab the latest Service Pack and Driver Pack also

After upgrading your media server, remember to re-push all your Remote Agents