cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reach the central admin server

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have two backup exec server on my network, one for the Central Admin Sserver and the other for the Manage media server, but after i have install the caso on the other server, while trying to install the the manage backup exec server it gave me an error '' unable to verify if WINSVR7 is a valid Central Admin Server because of a connection failure.please verify that the user currently logged in has administrative rights to WINSVR7'' .

Both servers are up and running....

I will appreciate if there is a quick response.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I've been able to resolved the issue..........through this steps i took off the Suppose manage backup exec server and did a reinstall, And instead of going through the normal way of installation(Typical installation), i performed a custom installation where i was able to enable to the manage backup exec server and it gave no issue. Thanks to everyone who assisted me....

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...make sure that the Backup Exec Service Account has the following rights as per the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130255

At a minimum it needs Domain Admin rights, so make sure the BESA is assigned those and anything else required in terms of applications. Also make sure the BE services aren't running under a local server admin account.

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Ola,

Ensure that you are able to ping from the MMS server to the CAS server with IP address, FQDN and NetBios name.

Also ensure that the shares from the C:\ drive of the CASO server are accessible. To check the same go to MMS SERVER >> START >> RUN >> \\CASOservername\C$

If this is not successful then there the problem could be. Rectify the issue about the shares and then try the MMS installation.

Regards

-Sush...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are the MMS and CASO in different domains ?

Additionally, when specifying the CASO server in the wizard, try using the netbios name instead of IP/FQDN.

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks to everyone, i will try every option and get back to you.

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

@ VJware, they are both on the same domain and i used the computer name(WINSVR7) and not the IP address.

@ CraigV, the BE is on a domain and the services are running under a domain Admin Account.

And for Sush, i will get back to you.

Thank you all

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I've been able to resolved the issue..........through this steps i took off the Suppose manage backup exec server and did a reinstall, And instead of going through the normal way of installation(Typical installation), i performed a custom installation where i was able to enable to the manage backup exec server and it gave no issue. Thanks to everyone who assisted me....

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

please i need an assistant as regards creating an SDR in backup exec 2014...