cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to recover from "Discovering resources"... Stuck forever

Schnej
Level 1

Hello,

I have been reading tons of articles about how to fix the stuck on Discvering resources in BackupExec 15. Nothing seems to help.

I've updated NIC drivers, Windows update, etc....

If i stop all services and reboot, i can't create new jobs as Server shows as "Cancelling". Can't check credentials, it freezes...

I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling all software, but before going into this, i wanted to ask here, as this is a server connected to a CASO, so i can't do some things such as updating BE software.

Please let me know what information i am missing here so we can togheter make it work again.

Thanks in advance for your reading and assistance.

1 REPLY 1

soca-boi
Level 3

I am facing the same issue. This product sucks. Support has never been able to figure this out. I think there is a breakdown somewhere in the core of the product. Why is it that everytime I have to restart the BE agent service it hangs?.... even if there is no backup going on?! I've rebuilt our environment multiple times and no difference. Even just browsing a resource from a media server doesn't work.... it just sits there spinning.... so why would the backup job work?!

We are about to purchase a backup product better suited to Enterprise environments.