cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore Top Level Site under Sharepoint 2010 and BE 2010 R2

mrs
Level 3

Hello,

I'm currently testing our Backup Exec 2010 R2 with our Sharepoint 2010 server.

Backup is not an issue, but I ran into some troubles with the restore and I hope someone here can help me out.

So far I tested the restore (GRT) of individual Items (like Documents, List items, etc) No Problem

Restore on a complete List no problem either.

Bit if I try to delete/restore an entire site, no luck. BE keeps telling me:  "Final error: 0xe0000369 - Backup Exec cannot restore the security for a Sharepoint Top Level Site. Ensure that the logon account has the proper credentials, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-873"

Restore- SharePoint - 80\Content-DB 1 (SERVERNAME\SPS2010DB\WSS_Content)
V-79-57344-873 - Backup Exec cannot restore Test_XYZ

sites/Test_XYZ. Ensure that the logon account has the proper credentials, and then try again.

Error writing file data.

The account I use to do the restore is:

Local Administrator on the Sharepoint Server

Secondary Site Collection Administror  (top level of http://SERVERNAME)

Holds the "db_owner" role for the WSS_Content database.

Anything I missed, what possible right does Backup Exec still need??

If however I create a blank site with the name of the site I want to restore, then BE restores without an error.

Thanks for your time

2 REPLIES 2

ScottAtDow
Level 1

We are also testing SharePoint Agent for 2010 with Backup Exec 2010 R2.

We successfully restored a Site, List, and Item (page), but we get the same/similar error when restoring a Library (Shared Documents). 

However the Documents are restored ok and can be searched from the Site page, but directly accessing the former link to the Shared Documents returns a 404 NOT Found error and the link normally found on the site page under Libraries is missing the 'Documents' link...

We logged the issue today after deciding to purchase the Agent and will update if we resolve.

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

From the error message it looks like you're restoring the test_xyz site to the /Sites/ site collection.  The account to use for a restore of this type is a site collection administrator for the site collection you're restoring to (not the root site collection administrator).  Be sure you're using that account.  If that doesn't work, try the Application Pool user for that Web App (from IIS).

Russ