cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run Agent for Linux/Unix Systems after installation.

John_Hoover
Level 3
I have 5 RHEL 4.5 x86_64 systems that I need to add to my BE11d server. We have purchased licenses for the Agent for Linux. It installs fine, creates groups, etc, however, when I try to start the agent, it show's [FAILED]. If I try to start any BE Agent tools from the command line, I receive the message: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have verified that libstdc++.so.5 is available on the system, and made sure that the latest version of compat-libstc++-33 is installed (which provides libstdc++.so.5)

Code:
[root@JBMS1 bin]# locate libstdc++.so.5/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5[root@JBMS1 bin]# up2date --whatprovides libstdc++.so.5compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3.i386[root@JBMS1 bin]# rpm -qa | grep compat-libstdc++-33compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3

I read another post that someone had a similar problem, and they had installed the 32bit version of the Agent. I made sure to use the installation in the 64 bit directory on the CD.

Can someone help me with what I'm doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1

John_Hoover
Level 3
I figured out what I was doing wrong... I had compat-libstdc++-33.x.x.x.x.i386 installed, but not x86_64 version. I thought that by default, I would have the x64 version installed since I have the x64 version of RHEL installed.

Thought I'd post it here for anyone else that has similar problems.

If running x86_64 linux, make sure you install from the RALUS64 directory on the CD, and have compat-libstdc++-33.<version>.x86_64 installed.