cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run B2D job by using BE 2010 Quickstart with Dell RD1000

Max_2
Level 3

Hi,

I have a stand-lone workgroup server which is running Win 2003 X64. I am using BE2010 quickstart with Dell RD1000 to do the backup job. I create B2D removable backup to folder as backup destination.  the backup job was not even to backup local drive. It failed about 1 minutes when job start. It complians about " Backup of local resources failing with Remote agent error "0xe000846b- The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent"

I did google it, but I can not find any useful help. why it always compalin about remote agent thing when I try to backup local drive of server. The server is in the network, but it did not login to domain. It login locally. Can anynoe help me to identify the issue? Please. Thanks a lot.

27 REPLIES 27

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Max,

Do not change the services account from Windows console. Change it from Backup Exec.

Go to TOOLS>>BACKUPEXEC SERVICES and click on Change Service credentials.

Put in the username and in place of Domain put the Server name.

This way it will change the credentials as well as give the required permissions to the account.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Max_2
Level 3

HI Sush,

I change all services running under administrator account and Remote Agent service running under Local System account. It still failed. see attached new log. Thanks a lot.

VJware
Level 6

job log error & debug logs all point to same error as outlined in this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65776

Sush---
Level 6

Nothing much in this new debug. Just one last thing i need to confirm is:

In the Backup job properties go to Network and Security and check if you have set any non-default options here. Let everything be "Use an available network"

Thanks,

-Sush...

Max_2
Level 3

Hi Vjware,

I should said I add NDMP to services file under system32\driver\etc to  port 11000, beacuse I could not find this entry from services file. But it fail even quicker, almost fail when I enter " Run Now". any idea? Thanks.

Sush---
Level 6

Nothing much in this new debug. Just one last thing i need to confirm is:

In the Backup job properties go to Network and Security and check if you have set any non-default options here. Let everything be "Use an available network"

Thanks,

-Sush...

VJware
Level 6

Open vxmon.exe from the BE directory..Remote Agent utility icon is then found at the system tray...open it & check the publishing tab...check if  remote agent advertising is enabled or not..if not enable it..also, add the loopback address 127.0.0.1 & click on OK..retry a backup..

Max_2
Level 3

Thanks Sush and VJware.

I finally fixed the problem by adding ndmp port#11000 to services file under system32\driver\etc. I also restart all services after NDMP was added. It works like charm. Original there is no NDMP present under services file.

note: Restart Backup Exec services is must after modified the file.