cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run BE service

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I see it now... well i had this issue having 2 seperate accounts. I use the first account just to access the resources but that account wont be able to run the service of the backup exec. And the other account can run the services of the backup exec but wont be able to access the resources... correct me if im wrong, to fix this i need to add the account for access of the resources to be added to the local admin?

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have branched this off as a separate discussion.

===================

There are two accounts used by BE, the BESA (service account) and the BELA (logon account).  The former is used to run BE services and the latter is used to sign into BE.  They are not necessarily the same account but the recommendation is that they be the same so that there is no access problems.

The requirements for the BESA is given below

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

To resolve rights and access problems, it would be better to start with the built-in domain admin account for the BESA and the BELA.  Once you have access to everything, then you can start changing the accounts if need be.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You should be able to run the backup exec service with any domain admin account . You can create other logon accounts in backup exec to access the resources ,