cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see dataset on tape part of multiple tape backup job

JaceQuinn
Level 2

I am currently trying to restore a file that is over 1 TB and has two tapes associated with the backup job.

Facts

-The backup job encluded encryption

-The restore is going to be on another Backupexec 2012 server but it has the encryption passphrase on it

-The original server backup was verified and had no issues with the job.

I have a couple of cohorts that are at the remote site to restore the data but they have an issue when they try to catalog the tape.

First they inventory the tapes and they come up fine. They then try a catalog, but i think they do both tapes. I think the first issue they have is it is trying to get to both tapes because it creates two jobs and the tapes are both part of a single backup instance.

I'm not there so i am limited in what i can do remotely.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JaceQuinn
Level 2

I backed up the catalogs and database on the other server and followed this article so i didn't mess up and of the other catalogs.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH23769

I inventoried the tapes and performed a catalog but still no joy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

run Inventory on both the tapes and then catalog any one of the tapes. Let me how it goes, Ensure use storage media based catalog is selected in the BE global settings -> catalogs

JaceQuinn
Level 2

When the box is checked it should get the data off the tape to let Backup Exec know that there is two tapes for the dataset right?

JaceQuinn
Level 2

I backed up the catalogs and database on the other server and followed this article so i didn't mess up and of the other catalogs.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH23769

I inventoried the tapes and performed a catalog but still no joy.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

open a case with tech support to review this. Thanks. In between you can also try to perform a catalog with request media in sequence deselected (BE global settings -> catalogs)