cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select Single Sign-on database for backup

Davor_Perat
Level 3
Partner

I have a problem backing up my MOSS Server farm. When I expand MOSS farm, I am able to select all resources except Single Sign-on database. When I try to select SSO database, I get the following error:

"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of Single Sign-on. Although the specified server is a SharePoint resource, Backup Exec cannot confirm the topology. Review your SharePoint credentials, and ensure that the services are running on the Web servers."

1 REPLY 1

NotYourPeter
Not applicable

I just solved this problem (after calling Symantec support and being told to contact Microsoft) by fixing my SSO setup on the sharepoint server.  While SSO appeared to be running fine as far as Sharepoint was concerned, whenever Backup Exec tried to connect to it the popup you described would appear and in the the event log on the sharepoint server would log:

User Domain\Username failed to retrieve the cryptographic sign. The error returned was 0x80630005.

I fixed this by redoing the setup of Sharepoint SSO using the following document (which I had not seen prior to the initial setup of SSO on Sharepoint).  After completing the steps, BE connected without error.

http://thorprojects.com/blog/archive/2008/08/02/moss-single-sign-on-setup-step-by-step.aspx

Peter.