cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select which backup source i want to duplicate

lee_harries
Level 3

I am having some issues trying to create a duplicate job on backup exec 2012

I have a group of servers which are backed up by a weekly job and then a monthly at the end of the month, both jobs go to a VTL on our REO9100. I want to duplicate these jobs to our NEO 200S tape by creating two duplicates, one for the weekly job and one for the montlhy and i want the to start straight after the original job to VTL completes. 

I have set the duplicate jobs up and selected the correct source for each job. The issue arrises when i go back into the edit backup options and i can see that both jobs have reverted to using the monthly job as the source.

I have tried to create just one duplicate job and selected the weekly back up job as the source. However when i go back into the back job it has reverted to the monthly backup as the source for some reason.

I also have a different job set up the same way for another group of servers which have 3 backup jobs, daily weekly and monthly to the VTL. However no matter which source i select for a duplicate job it always reverts to the daily backup as the source. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

lee_harries
Level 3

Just to update:-

I have just edited the backup by doing one server at a time and seems to be ok that way. The issue only arises when editing a group of servers at once. 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We do have some acknowledged issues with editing groups of servers as such would recommend that you avoid group server backup job edits

lee_harries
Level 3

OK, will this be patched in the near future then. Looks like im going to have a slow afternoon editing backup jobs for 47 individual servers!!!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Note: It was a general recommendation beacuse we have other known issues relating to group edits - not sure if we have investigated your specific problem.