cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown HBA status 0xFF

Jacco_Dominicus
Level 3

Hello,

Some time ago we had problems with the msl4048 ( 2 drives SAS ), drives in BE showed offline.

After testing HP replaced the drives. The backup has worked fine for about 1 week.

Now we are experiencing the same issues, drives are going offline in BE. Device manager of the server shows that they are online. In the MSL are no known problems.

After searching the forums at symantec, i userd the Tracer utility.

In the log i receive the event

ASPI STATUS: SCSI_COMPLETED_WITH_ERROR

TARGET STATUS: SCSISTAT_GOOD

HBA status UNKOWN HBA status 0xFF

Server is a HP BL460 G6 server, P700m latest drivers and firmware, MLS4048 and drives latest firmware, connected trough SAS.

How do i interpret the notification above ?

kind regards,

jacco Dominicus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This would be more of a hardware issue than a BE problem.

However, open up the System Management Homepage and see if there are any hardware issues on the server.

You can also look at downloading HP LTT and run the device checks against your library to make sure that there are no issues being experienced. If there are, take note of what they refer too, and log a call with HP to replace the failed part.

If Windows Server 2003, stop and disable RSM (Removable Storage service), and then restart BE's services.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This would be more of a hardware issue than a BE problem.

However, open up the System Management Homepage and see if there are any hardware issues on the server.

You can also look at downloading HP LTT and run the device checks against your library to make sure that there are no issues being experienced. If there are, take note of what they refer too, and log a call with HP to replace the failed part.

If Windows Server 2003, stop and disable RSM (Removable Storage service), and then restart BE's services.

Thanks!

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are you using a dual port HBA?

Also have you tried putting a new HBA if drives are connected to HBA. There might be changes that drives were fine but it was the HBA had the issue

Jacco_Dominicus
Level 3

We are using a P700M controller in combination with a SAS interconnect in a c3000 chassis. Dual SAS cable connected.

In the management page of the server are no problems are detected.

The drives were recently replaced by new ones.

I will run the tape tools to test the drive, and contact HP support concerng the issue.

kind regards,

Jacco Dominicus