cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update RAWS

Leeski
Level 3

Hello,

New to BE. I installed 2010 R2 on a 2008 R2 server and pushed out agents to a few 2008 R2 machines (RAWS & AOFO). This was fine.

Later on, I initiated LU which downloaded and installed SP1. I went through the remote agent installation wizard again thinking they might get updated to but I was given a "no updates or upgrades" message for every client.

I initiated another LU which download and installed Hotfix 150096. Again, I went through the remote agent wizard but got a "no updates or upgrades" for each client.

I have checked the RAWS folder on one client and the file dates all predate the SP and the Hotfix.

How do I update the remote agents?

Regards

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First try to reboot the Media server and then remote servers and then try to push install the remote agent again so as to update it. This should work in first place but if it does not then try to manually update the agents.

To manually updates the remote agent follow the steps given below:

1) Go to your remote server and try to access the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents folder of the Media server through the network.

2) Then copy the RAWS32 or RAWSx64 folder as per the type (32 bit or 64 bit) Operating System of the remote server

3) Then run the setup.exe and follow the wizard to update the RAWS.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First try to reboot the Media server and then remote servers and then try to push install the remote agent again so as to update it. This should work in first place but if it does not then try to manually update the agents.

To manually updates the remote agent follow the steps given below:

1) Go to your remote server and try to access the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents folder of the Media server through the network.

2) Then copy the RAWS32 or RAWSx64 folder as per the type (32 bit or 64 bit) Operating System of the remote server

3) Then run the setup.exe and follow the wizard to update the RAWS.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Leeski
Level 3

Hi Sush,

Thank you for responding.

Rebooting the server and clients did not change anything so I did a manual install as you instructed.

Thanks again.

Lee