cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Remote Agent - how to supress reboot

MacLEOD
Level 4
I am running the BackupExec 11D, 7170.

I had the Patch 3 with some hotfixes loaded on it.  When I ran the Remote agent install from the media server, (default options were set to install the Remote server, Open files by default) and  once the setup was complete it would prompt me in the install proceedure to either reboot now or wait.

Since then I have updated to Patch 4 and hotfix 69.

I have installed/updated some of the clients, but when I go though the Remote agent install.  I have to select what options I want to install (notning is selected by default).  Also when the system finishs the install, it automatically sends the Reboot command to the server.  I have been lucky enought that I had only pushed this update to systems that were non-critical, as that would have been nasty.

So is there some options that I have missed configuring when setting up the remote agent installs?

Is there much difference for the agents between the patch 3 and patch 4 that would require the reinstall (as I have not preformed it on all the systems becuase of this reboot issue) they do seem to be backing up without errors?

Thanks

Adam
0 REPLIES 0