cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated backup exec 12 crashes when configuring notification

m_techguy
Level 4
hi, I updated my backup exec to version 12. When I'm trying to configure email notification, the administration console crahsed!! What is the reason for this?? Is updating an older verion of backup exec to a newer verion not recommended? I think I cannot even rollback this now. please help me on this. Urgent

techguy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5

hi techguy, As Colin says you must install all the latest patches and hot fixes. Since this problem has already occured what I can recommend you to do is, before installing patches, run a repair on the installation. Then update latest service packs and hotfixes. I think this will solve your problem.
Hope you'll post your feedback here if you follow this.

Lyon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

m_techguy
Level 4

Please urgent!!

garry_m
Level 3
hi techguy,
I also had the same issue!! I think the best option is, removing backup exec and re-install the version 12 at once. That is what I had to do.

Thanks

Garry

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Have uyou applied all the latest Servcie Packs and Hotfixes as an issue was identified with BackuP Exec 12.0 that was in theory fixed by updates.

lyon
Level 5

hi techguy, As Colin says you must install all the latest patches and hot fixes. Since this problem has already occured what I can recommend you to do is, before installing patches, run a repair on the installation. Then update latest service packs and hotfixes. I think this will solve your problem.
Hope you'll post your feedback here if you follow this.

Lyon

m_techguy
Level 4

hi lyon,
Thanks a lot, your solution worked for me.

techguy

lyon
Level 5

hi, make sure you keep BE updated in future

Lyon