cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Problems

rkbuddy
Level 3
Have Central Administration Server installed --> LiveUpdate works
Two more Media Servers (BE 11d for Windows Servers installed) cannot be updated!!! One System running on Windows 2003 and one on 2000
Trying to Update causes Failure LU1812 and LU1806. Contacted Online-Help: It said to re-attach SQL Server Log instance --> I did that, but it still dosen't work
Even installing Hotfixes or the service pack manually dosen't work

Anyone got an idea?? --> Need Help for this

Thanks
Mike

Message Edited by rkbuddy on 10-08-2007 12:22 AM
6 REPLIES 6

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
The first thing you need to do when updating Managed media servers is stop the communication between the CAS and the MMS.  You can do this from the CAS.  Click on the Media Servers tab, the right click on the MMS and Unselect Comunication Enabled.  Then attempt to run the patches again.

rkbuddy
Level 3
Thanks, but I used to do so --> it does not work Smiley Mad

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Interesting.  If you are willing to try it I do have a work around that may work for you.  Basically remove the server from the CAS, apply the patches, then rejoin it to the CAS.

Go to Tools -License keys and Installation, remove the MMS option to make the server standalone.  Once completed, apply the patches and reboot.  Go back into the License Keys and installation and re-add the MMS option.  I have had this work in the past with a couple other customers having the same issue as you.

rkbuddy
Level 3
Dammit

good idea, but it still dosen't work. changed installation of the MMS but still having the same problem.
do you have another idea?

by the way - thanks for your help

greets mike

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Try clearing everything out of this directory and starting the live update over again.

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Downloads

rkbuddy
Level 3
Finally it works
Thanks for all the help
Here a list of things to be aware of:
1. Be logged on as the user under whom the backupExec services run
2. Delete all Files in LU-Downloadsfolder
3. Cut the connection to all MMS if you update on CAS an deinstall Managed Server Options if you update a MMS
3a. for reinstall the managed server options be shure to use User with administrator-rights on CAS
4. Re-Attach BEDB database if there is still trouble (Backup Database before changing anything)

And thanks again for the help
Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy
Smiley Happy