cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating remote servers after live update

Marcopolo
Level 6

Having updated BE2010 using live update, I've run the 'Install Agents.........on other servers' and it only did it for the Exchange Server, but didn't see anything for the other remote agent servers, is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

From the media server go to c:\program files\symantec\backup exec\agent and copy Raws32 or Rawsx64 depending upon your OS and run the setupaac.cmd to update the agent if it is not happeing with push install.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well thats ok , but still I would suggest you to go ahead an push the remote agent again to the other servers.

sksujeet
Level 6

The other remote agent servers might be already updated to latest remote agent. If you want to check the remote agent version on the BE server and remote agent server then simply go to \program files\symantec\backup exec\ and check for beremote.exe version. Check the version for it on both the servers and you can compare the both.

It is better to have the exchange server updated with latest remote agent but for other servers like file server and other servers it is all right if you only update them, once you have a major update like if you are updating a Service pack. If you are updating just a HF on the media server there is not much need to always update the remote agents

Marcopolo
Level 6

RahulG, that's the thing, when I ran it it only showed the Exchange server, not the other two servers to push to.

Beremote on my Media Server is 13.0.2896.120

Beremote on all my remote serverr is 13.0.2896.0

sksujeet
Level 6

From the media server go to c:\program files\symantec\backup exec\agent and copy Raws32 or Rawsx64 depending upon your OS and run the setupaac.cmd to update the agent if it is not happeing with push install.

Marcopolo
Level 6

All done, thanks, though I had to copy the dotnetfx folder for one server also.