cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 10d to 12.5 + DLO (Desktop Laptop Agents)

Idan_Lerer
Level 4
Hello,

I need to upgrade our BackupExec system from 10d to 12.5.
As I understand there is no option to upgrade from 10d to 12.5 directly and I need to upgrade first to 11 and after that to 12.5.
I also have DLO (Desktop Laptop Agents) ~40 Agents.
What is the process to upgrade my DLO agents ?
Do I need to upgrade them also to 11d and after that to 12.5 ? if So do I need to connect them to my upgraded server V11d first ? or I can upgrade my server to 11d and to 12.5 and in parallel  to upgrade my DLO agents to 11d and after that to 12.5 ?

I saw several KB that if I don't have complex enviroment I may install frash installation.
Is there any option to export my job setting in V 10d and after that import in V 12.5 ?
What about the DLO in this case, all my agents will be start to transfer all the backup to my server from the beginning ? (hundreds og Giga)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

I would assume it's the same process with your DLO agents. You'd have to upgrade to 11D, and then from there to 12.5. You need to do the same with Exchange and SQL agents for example, so it should be no different with DLO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

I would assume it's the same process with your DLO agents. You'd have to upgrade to 11D, and then from there to 12.5. You need to do the same with Exchange and SQL agents for example, so it should be no different with DLO.