cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 2010 R2 SBE to 2012 SBE - Can't upgrade due to DLO installed

Tony_Lombardi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Tried to upgrade Backup Exec 2010 R2 SBE to Backup Exec 2012 SBE.  However an alert said the DLO service must be uninstalled first.  Well, there is only one license key for the entire 2010 package, and I could not find a way to just uninstall the DLO service.  Is there anyone who can lend a little insight into how I might upgrade BE 2012 SBE at this client's site?  I have several others I will need to do soon, so I am anxious for a resolution.  A search through forums and on the Symantec support site did not turn up a solution or at least did not find one under the search criteria I selected.

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the existing BE 2010 R2 completely patched ? If not, then the option to uninstall DLO would be greyed out

Tony_Lombardi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

To the best of my knowledge, the installation is fully patched.  This is the small business edition which is different from the standard edition.  I ran "change" in the programs app on the control panel and there was no option to uninstall the DLO that I could find.  Is there another way to do it for the SBE?

VJware
Level 6

from the gui, click on help - about & then installed updates...this would list any updates which have been applied..atleast SP2 should be listed...

DLO is removed by unchecking this option from tools - install options & license keys

Tony_Lombardi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Are you sure there is a service pack two for the subject version?  I ran Live Update twice and then did an extensive search on Google and Symantec's web site, but could not find a service pack two.  The image below shows the BE options.  Those with bright green checks can be removed by unchecking.  All others including the DLO option cannot be unchecked.

If you know where service pack two is, can you, please, post a link?  Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would need to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP2 and the latest hotfixes.  There is 1 hotfix that will allow you to remove DLO.  After you uninstall the DLO option, you can then upgrade to BE 2012.

VJware
Level 6

Try removing the core SBS license to enter into eval mode...see if you can uncheck the DLO option then or not

Sraban
Level 2
Employee Accredited

You would need to upgrade to BE 2010R3 Service pack 2. Then from Windows run the setup, uncheck the DLO option, complete the setup. At this stage you would be able to upgrade to BE 2012.

In case you dont like like to upgrade to BE 2012R3, then you can first run the DLO 7.0 setup to remove the DLO option from BE 2010R2. Once that is completed you can perform the migration to BE 2012.

Also you may try removing the SBS license from BE 2010R2, then remove the DLO feature and complete the wizard. Make sure the wizard restarts the Backup Exec services. Once completed proceed with BE 2012 migration.