cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade BE DLO to 2010

sohayda
Level 3
Partner
We currently have 800+ users connected to DLO on a 12.5 Windows 2003 32-bit Server. Ideally we would like to move to 2008 64-bit. What would be involved in such an upgrade if at all even possible? This is all as a result of our need to support Windows 7 clients for DLO. 
I've been trying to find documentation on migrating data to a new server, but what I did find said it was not applicable if it was going to a server with differing operating system so I'm not sure what to do. 
If we were to just stay on the same 2003 server would this be the easiest option?
It looks like 2010 supports server 2003, so maybe our goals of moving to 2008 are too lofty? 
Purchasing new hardware to install BE 2010 on and then migrate user data/configurations would be fine, but I'd like to be able to have documentation explaining how to do this before attempting it obviously.
Thank you
1 REPLY 1

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As you are talking about protecting windows 7 then definately you have to go to BE 2010.
We have to do it in proper way and missing a single part may mess up the things.
This is definately possible:
If you are moving to the other server with different name then please follow this article as it is :
Make sure you read the first line carefully where it says that you have to upgrade the BE 12.5 to 2010 and then move it to different server.
I will suggest you to install BE 2010 on ws 2008 r2 for future prospects.
If you are upgrading the BE on the same server then you have to run the setup and it will take the upgrade from there but make sure you take the backup of data and catalog folder prior doing any upgrade or migration.
How to do that:
Stop all the BE services and sqlservice(bkupexec) and copy the data and catalog folder at the safe location.