cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade BackupExec 2010 to 20.4

LucaSydney
Level 3

Hi, we have Backup Exec 2010 with all its licensed options and etc.. and need to upgrade to 20.4.

We purchased the new licenses and options, etc.. but from the reading I have done, we have to jump from version 2010 to 2014 and then on to 20.4

The problem is, I cannot find any keys for the 2014 versions to do the interim upgrade.. should I just upgrade as the trial or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  There is no better way to do this.  You can upgrade to BE 2014 as a trial and then upgrade to BE 20.5 which is the latest version.

Make sure that your BE Server has a server-class OS and it is 64-bit.  Also, check the BE 20.5 SCL and HCL to make sure that your applications and devices are supported.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  There is no better way to do this.  You can upgrade to BE 2014 as a trial and then upgrade to BE 20.5 which is the latest version.

Make sure that your BE Server has a server-class OS and it is 64-bit.  Also, check the BE 20.5 SCL and HCL to make sure that your applications and devices are supported.

Thanks, I used the trial key and it all seems to have gone well.