cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Windows Operating System

TR-BE2014
Level 5

I'm preparing to upgrade the OS on my Backup Exec 21 server from Windows 2012 server to Windows 2016.  Any gotchas I should be aware of? It's a vm, so I'll create vm snapshot and I'll back up the catalogs before the upgrade. I found this doc about NetBackup, but couldn't find one specifically for BE.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100047178

I've done a bunch of in place upgrades for other servers, so I've got that down. Just trying to make sure there isn't something lurking on the BE side.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RogRubin
Employee

There are no knows issue for BE either so the same sentence applies here too:

There should be no issues with performing an upgrade of the server's operating system, as long as that operating system is supported as outlined in the Operating System Software Compatibility List.

In your specific case as it is a VM and you are taking a snapshot of it, there is no need for any further action.

For anyone else, I would recommend next to the catalog directory to copy / backup the Data folder within the Backup Exec directory as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogRubin
Employee

There are no knows issue for BE either so the same sentence applies here too:

There should be no issues with performing an upgrade of the server's operating system, as long as that operating system is supported as outlined in the Operating System Software Compatibility List.

In your specific case as it is a VM and you are taking a snapshot of it, there is no need for any further action.

For anyone else, I would recommend next to the catalog directory to copy / backup the Data folder within the Backup Exec directory as well.

Sorry, I missed your reply. Thanks for the feedback.