cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade and Migrate BE 2012

The_Jackel
Not applicable

I need to upgrade a back up server running BE2012 by building a new replacement server, and migrating to BE2015 at the same time.

The current server is running 2008R2, with the new server running 2012R2.  The server names will be different.

Part 1:-

I have done migrations to the alternate servers before, but to the same version of BE - does this work the same or has anyone got first hand experience of what they did and how they did it?

Part 2:-

The current server is connected to a tape loader which has 32 tapes with bar code labels installed.

If this is reconnected to the server in the same way will all of the media information migrate with it?  I would assume that it would just be a case of adding the loader back into BE?

I'm sure when I have doen this previously the jobs and media cam ethrough without issue.

Previously I had to re-deploy the BE agents post migration, I assume this is still the same?...

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I would suggest you to perform inplace upgrade of BE2012 to BE15 on Win 2008R2 server and then migrate BE to the Win 2012 R2.

Before upgrading make a copy of Data and Catalogs folder. Once migration is complete push install updates on the remote agents.

Also do check BE15 HCL and SCL to make sure your exsiting hardware and software is compatible with BE15.