cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 10d to 11d Using Existing Backup Exec Options

Robert_Kollar
Level 2
I have BE 10d for Windows Servers. Don't have CPS option, yet. I am in the process of upgrading to 11d.

Upon completing the Environment Check, it shows:

Passed
Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Agent for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Agent for MS Exchange Server
Remote Agent for Windows
Advanced Open File Option

To continue using Backup Exec options that were previously installed, you must purchase an upgrade for each option. Enter the new license keys when you install Backup Exec. Contact your Symantec Partner or Symantec Sales for more information on purchasing upgrades.

Does this mean I do or do not have to purchase new license keys for the options above?
4 REPLIES 4

Vladimir_Vuci1
Level 4
Hi Robert,

Do you have upgrade serial number for 11d? Do you have new license keys generated for each of those options? If not, then you will not be able to upgrade to 11d (you will, but only in trial mode - 60 days). You need to have upgrade serial number and then to generate new license keys for each of the options/agents that you have. You can get upgrade serial number in case that you have valid maintenance with BE 10d, it not, then you have to purchase upgrade licenses.

Best regards,
Vladimir Vucinic
Net++ technology

Robert_Kollar
Level 2
I received a Version Upgrade Notification, with a Notification ID, Customer #, and Order #; which I entered and registered on the http://licensing.symantec.com web-site. I then downloaded the software. I don't recall seeing an upgrade serial #. Where would I find it?

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Robert

After registering in the web site as you did, you have to register as well all your agents and options (in Manage licenses). At that point, you will be asked to enter an e-mail address where you will receive the installation codes.

Regards

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the suggested steps if the issue persists please revert.

Thanks,