cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 11d to 12.5 now my jobs are all failing

1ComputerGal
Level 2
OK.. I've had the lovely frustrations of the RD1000 not ejecting since upgrading and think we now have that under control, so now I have to deal with my failing jobs... These jobs worked just fine under 11d, and now are failing with Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed. This is my exchange database backup and therefore VERY important.

When I go to the referenced KB article, http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/326836.htm

None of these conditions are true.

1. The resource does exist... it is my exchange database.
2. The username/password have not changed.
3. It's not on another server so we are not remotely accessing anything.

What I don't understand is why there isn't anything telling you if you were doing X in 11 you need to do Y in 12. I've never had so many problems with a BE upgrade.

Here's the section from the Job Log

Backup- \\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Database  was not found, or could not be accessed.
Database  was not found, or could not be accessed.

HELP!  I'm pulling out my hair, and I don't have much left!

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi 1ComputerGal,

Did you upgrade all your agents? I had the same issue and had to do that. BE 12.5 would be able to backup 12.0 agents, but not 11D.
Do that, run a backup, and post the results here.
This will also push out updates for the 12.5 agents.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you installed the 12.5 version of the Exchange Agent?  All of your agents need to be upgraded as well when you upgrade to 12.5

1ComputerGal
Level 2
Since this is the SBS version I would have assumed it would have installed the same agents that were installed with 11.d How can I tell which agent is installed?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hey 1ComputerGal,

Open up Backup Exec, and go to: Help --> About Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers.

Click License Information. It will show all the licenses available for BEWS, and if it's installed, it will have Yes under installed. Any licenses still under evaluation will show Day x of 60.

That's how you find it.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
In this version, when you click on backup for creating a new job, do you see Exchange Information store, in the available list of selections?