cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 12.0 to 12.5.

GeekMan
Level 3

I'm about to upgrade from 12.0 to 12.5.  Since it's been about 10 years since I did this last with BUE, I have a couple questions, if I may:

1.)  Should I uninstall BUE 12.0, then perform a fresh install of 12.5?  Or just upgrade 12.0 to 12.5?

2.)  If I perform a fresh install, how do I keep my jobs, that I've set up?

3.)  My boss, who's now gone, hadn't finished upgrading from 10.x to 12.0.  So 12.0 has never really worked...properly.  I have since obtained new license keys.  Would this be an automatic fresh install?

4.)  We also have SQL server, Exchange and Remote Server agents.

Thanks in advance for the assist.  It is much appreciated.

Tom

1 REPLY 1

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

I would just do an upgrade. It is simple (just run the setup program), and effective in 99% of all cases.

Before you do anything, it would be helpful to know what OS you have, and more importantly, what you mean by "12 has never really worked properly"?

Only if you have continued problems after the upgrade would I consider an uninstall and re-install after briefly troubleshooting the specific problems. If you get to the point where you still have continued problems, I would not recommend preserving any settings since it does not take all that long to recreate this stuff in the first place. I would uninstall it, and then follow this document to remove any additional traces before installing from scratch:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287320.htm

I have often found that starting from scratch with BE is much faster than spending days or longer troubleshooting.