cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 2010 Beta to 2010 Trail

nOrphf
Level 3
Hi

I have 2010 Beta installed, and would like to upgrade it to the trail version I have just downloaden.
But when I run the setup it tells me that I can't upgrade frem 13 to 13.

How should this be done, so I keep my Deuplication Storage?

/nOrphf
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

There is a reason why beta software shouldn't be used in a production environment...saves you the effort of having to redo everything again.
That said, look at backing up everything in your Data and Catalogs folders for a start, along with your SQL database for good measure.
If you have anything left of your beta trial, load up the SQL agent and backup the SQL DB that way. To back up the Data and Catalog folders, you need to stop the BEWS services.

Laters!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

There is a reason why beta software shouldn't be used in a production environment...saves you the effort of having to redo everything again.
That said, look at backing up everything in your Data and Catalogs folders for a start, along with your SQL database for good measure.
If you have anything left of your beta trial, load up the SQL agent and backup the SQL DB that way. To back up the Data and Catalog folders, you need to stop the BEWS services.

Laters!

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
 Craig is right, upgrading from Beta to Gold is not supported and even a manual hack around would likely be fruitless due to significant changes (including the BEDB schema) from build 2848 to the gold build, 2896. The catalogs and backup data should also not be counted on as 'usable' data.

nOrphf
Level 3
Hi

Thank you for the answer, I will just reinstall.
It's the most importent to me that I have a nightly backup than been able to goback in time.

Thank

Cheers.