cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from R2 to R3, full 3.6GB install required?

Edward_Charles
Level 6

In order to upgrade to R3 from R2 is the full 3.6GB download/install required or is there a smaller upgrade available to just add the R3 part?

I assume also all the R2 remote agents on the servers will have to be removed and upgraded to R3?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes and Yes, you will have to download the complete package and install it over R2, you will keep all your settings etc....
And you have to push the agent againt to your remote servers to make sure they are patched aswell.

Before updating the agents, I would recommend to run liveupdate, otherwise you have to push the agents twice....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes and Yes, you will have to download the complete package and install it over R2, you will keep all your settings etc....
And you have to push the agent againt to your remote servers to make sure they are patched aswell.

Before updating the agents, I would recommend to run liveupdate, otherwise you have to push the agents twice....

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Yes, the complete install is required for the upgrade

A BackupExec media server will communicate quite readily with a one version back level RAWS.  However, to comply with the Symantec licensing policy, your RAWS must all be at the same release level as your media server.  

The policy does mention that downlevel RAWS are supported "for the purpose of rolling upgrades", so you don't have to upgrade all your RAWS at the same time as the media server, as long as you schedule the upgrades when possible

Edward_Charles
Level 6

Ok,thanks for the quick replies guys. I'll download the 3.6GB R3 installer and run it overtop R2. Have already backed up the data & catalogue folders.

The main reason is we hope it'll address the "all devices show online issue when using Device Pools" issue.

Thank you.