cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of Backup Exec

Rock-Admin
Not applicable

Hi all,

A customer of mine uses SYMC BACKUP EXEC 15 SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 12.x on a Windows SBS 2011 Server. He also has another windows server that it back up. He is in support.

He wants to upgrade his backup exec. I have been through my.veritas.com and the upgrade he seems eligable for is to the Backup Exec Capacity Edition which is licensed for 1 TB.

He backs up more than 1TB. So it looks like his upgrade path is from a product that works (mostly) to a product that doesn't without buying additional licenses - he is not keen being in support

I am not an expert on Backup Exec but version 14.x was suggested - however it doesn't seem to be an option in the license manager

Is there a Small Business Version of BE 14

Also the maintenance document indicates SYMC BACKUP EXEC 15 SMALL BUSINESS
EDITION WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL BASIC
12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S

Implying that there is a small business version of 15 which would probably suit - but I am unsure if it even exists

an anyone explain to an idiot just what the options are?

Regards

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

This is probably best directed at the licensing department in your country Sean. Let them assist you as they are the experts.

There is an SBS version of BE 15.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

This is probably best directed at the licensing department in your country Sean. Let them assist you as they are the experts.

There is an SBS version of BE 15.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is a SBE version of BE 15.  See the licencing guide below

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000024885

You should upgrade to BE 15 which is the latest version.  There is no point in upgrading to BE 2014 and then upgrading later to BE 15 to get support for the latest software.