cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or New Install?

shuxclams
Level 3
We have BE 12.5 2213 running now backing up to D2D4009 iSCSI, works great! We have started our migration to Exchange 2010 and are trying to figure out best way to get to BE 2010. We downloaded the Beta but are a little hesitant to go ahead and install at this point without any idea about when the full version will be available and what issues have come up with it so far. Most importantly we do not have a DAG setup for our Exchange 2010 setup. Wondering also if anyone has suggestions about how to setup a backup routine for that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
The only way to backup Exchange 2010 will be with Backup Exec 2010.
BEWS2010 is apparently scheduled to be released in February, so hold on if you can. I never install a Beta.
There is a group you can go join though where you can learn more...just do a search in the forums here.
If you want to carry data across, an upgrade is the best (and what I will be doing). If you have had major issues with your current version of BEWS though, a clean install is probably the best way to go.

Laters!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
The only way to backup Exchange 2010 will be with Backup Exec 2010.
BEWS2010 is apparently scheduled to be released in February, so hold on if you can. I never install a Beta.
There is a group you can go join though where you can learn more...just do a search in the forums here.
If you want to carry data across, an upgrade is the best (and what I will be doing). If you have had major issues with your current version of BEWS though, a clean install is probably the best way to go.

Laters!

CraigV

CraigV
Any news here...?
Did this help you?

CraigV
Come right here at all?

shuxclams
Level 3

We've upgraded and are doing well

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

if anyone above help you solve your issue.. mark it as a solution so this can thread can be close.