cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 15 to 16, unable to install licenses

danstr11
Level 2

I recently upgraded Backup Exec 16 from 15. They were several hurdles met along the way that I addressed with a support case. Backup Exec 16 is now installed successfully and running without issue. The only exception being that I cannot add my licensing. When attempting to do so, it goes through the full environment check etc and fails. The error from the environment check states, "Veritas Backup Exec versions were found on this computer. You must remove the previous versions and then restart the installation." Is there a means I can circumvent the environment check to add the license? Maybe via the command prompt? Or another approach to add the licensing file that wouldn't try to reinstall the product to do so? It's taken me weeks to get BE 16 working after the upgrade so I'd like to avoid and reinstallations etc if possible. If it helps at all, BE 15 was installed within the \Symantec folder whilel my new installation is in the  \Veritas folder. The initial upgrade had failed so we had to perform a manual uninstall  of 15 which is why 16 installed as new in the Veritas folder. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The licensig in 15 was never the issue. Licensing issue only started after manual ininstall of 15 followed by new install of 16. The issue has since been resolved by uninstalling 16....restarting the server.....reinstall 16....then restart again. I also installed my licensnig file during the installation process this time around. I was reluctant to go to this measure given the difficulties of getting 16 installed in the first place but saw no other alternative. There should be an easier way to install the license files. Environment check etc shouldn't run each time. Hopefully, someone finds this helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Digambar
Level 1
Employee

Hi,

Currently  you have insdtalled Backup Exec 16 right ?

Are you getting same error for installing Backup Exec 16 license?

Please confirm.

Thanks,

-Digambar

Digambar

The licensig in 15 was never the issue. Licensing issue only started after manual ininstall of 15 followed by new install of 16. The issue has since been resolved by uninstalling 16....restarting the server.....reinstall 16....then restart again. I also installed my licensnig file during the installation process this time around. I was reluctant to go to this measure given the difficulties of getting 16 installed in the first place but saw no other alternative. There should be an easier way to install the license files. Environment check etc shouldn't run each time. Hopefully, someone finds this helpful.