cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from BackupExec 9.0 to 9.1

Alex_w
Level 3
 Hi All!
I'm currently running BackupExec 9.0 on Windows 2K with certain add-on options such as SQL Agent, Oracle Agent, Domino Agent, etc.
I've just received the 9.1 CD and I'm a bit hesitant whether to upgrade or not. Well I think I should as various issues were corrected under 9.1
Has anyone performed an upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1? What issues were encountered and what should I look out for. What should be done prior to performing this upgrade. What should be backed up?
Your comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Hi Alex,
 I have performed a number 9.1 upgrades, all with complete success.  Whatever install bug fixes Veritas made to this version, they did an excellent job. I highly recommend you upgrade.  You will also appreciate all the other fixes they made.  Also, do not forget too install the most recently released hotfixes.  
      And also I suggest you to go for a newer version as BE9 is long gone now.

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
 Hi Alex,
 I have performed a number 9.1 upgrades, all with complete success.  Whatever install bug fixes Veritas made to this version, they did an excellent job. I highly recommend you upgrade.  You will also appreciate all the other fixes they made.  Also, do not forget too install the most recently released hotfixes.  
      And also I suggest you to go for a newer version as BE9 is long gone now.

Harry

MarkusK
Level 4
Hi Alex

i don´t wanna be sarcastic... but the actual Version is 12.5 with ever a newer Version in sight.
Isn´t that a option to make real version improvement?

We´ve updated from 11d to 12.5 and even with smaller problems, we´re quite happy with it.

cheers

markus

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I'd say the only thing that needs to get done prior to an upgrade is getting a backup of your DB and catalogs, just in case you run into errors. If that's not too important, run the upgrade...it's simple and straight-forward.
Harry is right though...if you can upgrade to a much newer version, do so. You will either need to do a multistep upgrade to get to BEWS 12.5 which is the current latest version, or alternatively do a clean installation.