cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to BE v11d

Mark_Wettstein
Level 4
Hello:

My company's support contract for Backup Exec allow us access to version updates. I know that I can download BE v11d as a demo, and saw on this discussion forum that v10 license codes do not work with v11.

If these are correct, what steps do I need to do to get a working/live version for 11d?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Mark
2 REPLIES 2

Conrad_Golightl
Level 3
In response to the same question I submitted to customer care:

Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:37 AM
To: netadmin
Subject: Symantec 11d - case 320-006-659

Conrad,

Thanks for the request.

We are starting our e-mail campaign tonight to launch Backup Exec 11d. E-mails will go out every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks giving 'Notification ID's' for our customers to upgrade.

You can download a full version of BE 11d at the trialware site and input your permanent keys once you receive the 'Notification ID': http://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

Best Regards,
Andrew Ripley
Sr. Customer Care Rep.

I answered with a more polite form of "WTF IT COULD BE UP TO SIX WEEKS?!?!?"

The response:

Conrad,

The trialware will last for 60 days. I'm not sure what the OSX agent is that you're referring to.

Currently our system is set up to send 20k emails every week. Yes, it does mean it could take 6 weeks for you to receive the notification id to get your permanent keys. This is the first launch of e-mails done at this capacity. If there are any issues that come up during the launch we didn't want customers to remain on hold for hours on end trying to get customer service to help them. Launching them in 20k lots will help us manage the 120k e-mails that are going out and the call volume of customers having any issues.

I know it seems as if the upgrade is not impressive but we just launched it on Monday 11/06/06, so please give us a little time to work out the kinks.

Thank you,
Andrew

Mark_Wettstein
Level 4
Hello Conrad:

Thank you for the insight. This info is helpful.

Mark