cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 2012 License for 2010???

mpoertner
Level 3

I made the horrendous mistake of upgrading our BE 2010 to 2012 and lost too much functionality.  I need to roll back but unfortunately I just bought several 2012 VMware agent licenses.  Can I install those licenses in 2010?

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  You would need to contact Symantec Licencing and they can give you BE 2010 licences for your BE 2012 licences.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

There has been change in in licensing of backupexec with BE 2012 licenses comes as SLF file which was not there  in previous version

So if you have rollbacked & wanted to use these licenses please call symantec licensing on number 18003272232 & ask to downgrade the license or ask to email them the licenses for BE 2010, but the exisiting license of BE 2012 you cannot use them on BE 2010

Thanks

Sergio_Romero
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello mpoertner,

It calls my attention that you " lost too much functionality", maybe we can show you how to do things with the new UI, what exactly were you doing on 2012, that you cannot do now?

Please let me know, and we can arrange a call and/or webex to help you find those functionalities.

Regards!

Sergio Romero

sergio_romero@symantec.com

mpoertner
Level 3

Sergio,

For starters:

Ability to backup Netware 6.5 servers

Ability to backup multiple servers, exclude specific files from each server and then eject the tape. The manual says when you select multiple servers you can not exclude files.

I have since switch back to the previous version so sorry I can not provide more specific detail.