cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 4 drives for 2 Backup jobs in Backup Exec 2010

mosorio
Level 2

Hi,

I have 2 Backup jobs created in backup exec and before we just had 2 drives for LTO5 tapes,  recently we have added 2 new LTO6 drives.

I would like to know how can i do to optimize the backup time using all drives for our 2 lists, i mean can i assing 2 drives for a job? and the others for the second one?

Could anyone help me please?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can split your current 2 jobs into 4, but be aware that you may run into contention problem and the result could be worse than the current situation.  Nobody can predict what is going to happen.  You just have to experiment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE can only use one drive for one job.

Are the new LTO6 tape drives standa-alone tape drives or are they in a tape library?  If it is the latter, you would need to buy 1 LEO licence for each additional drive.

mosorio
Level 2

Thanks for your help.

The new drives are in the tape library and we have those LEO licence.

Would you recommend us to do something? What is the best practice? Should we replace the current lists (2) for 4 new lists?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can split your current 2 jobs into 4, but be aware that you may run into contention problem and the result could be worse than the current situation.  Nobody can predict what is going to happen.  You just have to experiment.