cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Remote Agent on DC in SubDomain?

Not applicable
Hello,I have a multi domain network for which I'd like to setup Backup Exec RemoteAgents. I successfully pushed the Remote Agent to the member servers inthe top level domain as well as to the domain controller in the child domain. Now, when I go to perform/schedule a backup, I can select the system state/drives/folderson the member servers in the top level domain, but the child domain is notlisted.My question is how do I make it so that I can select the domain controllerfor the child domain?Thank you,Sean P. Kruisskruis@ikonsoftwareinc.com
1 REPLY 1

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
The Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent (Remote Agent) is installed as a separate, add-on component that must be used for the backup and restore of remote Windows resources.

In case, the remote machine is running on a Server Operating System, such as Win NT Server, Win2K Server etc, then the remote agent license needs to be purchased and registered with the Media Server (BENT Server).

On the other hand, license is not required for remote systems running
Desktop Operating System, such as Win NT WkStn, W2K Pro etc. but remote agent component should be installed and running on them.

Kindly ensure above mentioned points.

Also, restart RAWS on all remote systems and observe the result.