cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use disaster recovery disk 2012 to restore backup made with exec 2014

Ovi_I
Level 4

Hello

Can i make a bare metal restore with a Backup exec disaster recovery 2012 iso for a backup made with backup exec 2014?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Cannot make it, as it needs a server restart and internet connection to download the microsoft ADK

That requires alot of procedures, most of my clients do not alow internet on servers, also for a restart need to wait for next maintanance window. That can take months.

Have many licenses, did try them all on Fileconnect but none have BE 2014 or 15 SRD iso available to download. 

Also searched for a trial to download, no luck yet. 

View solution in original post

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It was not our choice to stop providing a downloadable SDR disk as an ISO for BE 2014 aand 15 - we would have been in breach of Microsoft licensing if we had continued with that availability - as such you have to make an SDR disk and can no longer download it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver

I doubt that would work and definitely not something we test - why can't you make a 2014 SDR disk?

Cannot make it, as it needs a server restart and internet connection to download the microsoft ADK

That requires alot of procedures, most of my clients do not alow internet on servers, also for a restart need to wait for next maintanance window. That can take months.

Have many licenses, did try them all on Fileconnect but none have BE 2014 or 15 SRD iso available to download. 

Also searched for a trial to download, no luck yet. 

Colin_Weaver

It was not our choice to stop providing a downloadable SDR disk as an ISO for BE 2014 aand 15 - we would have been in breach of Microsoft licensing if we had continued with that availability - as such you have to make an SDR disk and can no longer download it.