cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AOFO

Florian_Gellric
Level 3
I installed AOFO on my DCs and rebooted them after this.
But when I try to make a Backup of the System State, the Job fails with the following error message:

e0008524 - Unable to initialize the snapshot because the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is not installed on the target computer. You must install this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34084

I also looked in the relevant KB articels but they didn't solve my problem.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks
Florian
8 REPLIES 8

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Could you check out for a driver called vsp.sys in Computer Management > System Tools | System Information | Software Environment | Drivers?

Regards,

Asma

Florian_Gellric
Level 3
OK, I checked for vsp.sys. IT is installed and it's running.

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Please check that all the services except Backup Exec Remote Agent for windows servers are running under the administrator account.

Are you using "automatically select open file technology"? option under: backup->advanced open file option?

Thanks,

Florian_Gellric
Level 3
Hi,
yes the services are running under administrator account and I use autmatically choose snapshot provider option.

Florian_Gellric
Level 3
Hi,
I also uninstalled and reinstalled AOFO this night as discribed in the KB article.
But it's still not running correctly and I get the same error message.
What can I do to use AOFO for backing up the system state of my DCs.

Thanks for help.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Which KB had you referred to? What is the OS on the remote DC's? How many remote Dc's are you backing up in this job? Is AOFO installed on all of them?

Also refer to the link below and try using the option Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider in the job:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277257

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Florian_Gellric
Level 3
Hi,

The remote DCs are W2K3 with SP1 and all availible updates for Win and Veritas.
I tried all of the AOFO Options, each time in an other job. I tried to backup only a single DC.But the error is the same.

So what can I do?

Thanks for help!

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What Veritas updates have you installed? Are you using BE 10d. If yes, ensure that you have SP 1 installed.

Regarding the error, also check the following technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276844