cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BEMCLI to list current storage state ?

Dominique_Epp
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I need to determine current state of storage devices in a storage pool, i.e. online or offline, using BEMCLI.

The following command does not list this information and I can't find the way to resolve the issue.

PS H:\> Get-BEDiskStorageDevice -Name "*samedi*"

Name                                StorageType          Active   Paused   Disabled Servers
----                                -----------          ------   ------   -------- -------
USB dernier samedi de l'an          DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}
USB dernier samedi du trimestre     DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}
USB 1er samedi                      DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}
USB 3e samedi                       DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}
USB 4e samedi                       DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}
USB 5e samedi                       DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}
USB 2e samedi                       DiskStorageDevice    False    False    False    {FOR-MGMT}

In abvove example the 3rd disk listed is in effect online and I need a specific command to determine this via a script.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

This command will return the State of the device:

Get-BEDiskStorageDevice "<insert_disk_storage_name_here>" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Servers

Third from the top of the return data will be 'IsOnline'.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Srivishnu
Level 4

Hi Dominique,

If you want to find the online status of a Device try 

H:\>New-BEBackupDefinition -TestRunCheckMediaAvailable

This Should Show if Media is Available online 

For more help Download BEMCLI_en.chm from http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/5000/DOC5438/en_U...

And Navigate to the option Shown in Image Attached 

Regards,

Srivishnu.K

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is not true.  The New-BEBackupDefinition cmdlet just create a new backup definition.  It does not check the device status.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To get the storage status, you need to do the following.

1) Inventory the storage device using

Submit-BEInventoryJob | Wait-BEJob

you would have to submit an inventory job for each storage device

2) the above step will return a job history object which is the same object as if you run 

Get-BEJobHistory

Your script can then check the Jobstatus.  If the job succeeds, the storage is online.  Otherwise, it is offline.

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

This command will return the State of the device:

Get-BEDiskStorageDevice "<insert_disk_storage_name_here>" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Servers

Third from the top of the return data will be 'IsOnline'.

Dominique_Epp
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Great !  Thanks to Biker-Dude for his perfect answer !