Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using encrypted tape from BE 2010 to BE 2014

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

We have the following:-

1. Symantec BE 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 Std.

2. DELL Tape

3. OLD System - SYmantec 2010 on WIndows 2003

I have BE 2010 on Win 2003 now we have BE 2014 installed on to a new system with Win 2008 R2 Std. I have installed the tape Library and tried a inventary and again the catalog.

Now, we have software encrypted of all tape backup. We have managed to put the encrypted phase key(not sure the right one)

Then, the cataloging was stopped due to this encrypted key was not avaiable. We have given the encrypted key ..Than cataloging started..but completed with an error that some tape media was not avaaiable ...

I have restore some data was successful..

But some data was showing with a lock...and unable to see the file inside the folder form the backup set..

Requires some help here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Make sure you have inventory and catalog ALL your takes before trying to restore. If need be, click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings and uncheck the request media in sequence option

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Make sure you have inventory and catalog ALL your takes before trying to restore. If need be, click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings and uncheck the request media in sequence option