cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility partition backup fails acess denied

JeffatICS
Level 2
My backup job fails with acess denied with the following error messages
Backup - \\SERVER\ Access denied to directory Utility Partition On Disk 0\.
Directory \\SERVER\\Utility Partition On Disk 0\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

Job ended: Sunday, January 15, 2006 at 5:01:17 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0008488 - Access is denied.

Final error category: Security Errors

I am assuming this is our Raid 5 virtual disk 0. I can't change the resource credentials on the utility partition only the server. What do I do now?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried creating a new log on account with the credentials of the Utlity Partition?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

JeffatICS
Level 2
How do I do that? When I select that partition in the credentials window the edit button is grayed out.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Utility Partitions can be re-created using the manufacturer's CD. You can deselect the Utility partition and if required you can get back the information from OEM CD while re-installing the hard disk. In case of disaster recovery, you may restore the Utility Partition from the Manufacturer's CD.
We wish to suggest you to deselect the Utility Partition.
However, if you wish to backup the Utility Partition then make sure that your Backup Exec account has Full administrator rights.
Administrator rights are required to browse and back up utility partitions. If there are no utility partitions on the system, this resource is unavailable for backup. Only a full backup of utility partitions can be performed. It is possible to select individual utility partition resources, which appear as Utility Partition On Disk

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.